Situated at the gateway to Picton from the South this stunning spacious character standalone property nestled on an elevated large section was built in the 1930’s. It has been recently fully renovated tastefully to create the “Top of the Town” Bed and Breakfast. Offering accommodation and encompassing stylish quality New Zealand made furnishings and luxury linen. Included is a free self-served continental breakfast.
It offers a restful, private and comfortable environment for the short or long term travellers at the door to the famous Marlborough Sounds which have an abundance of adventure tours and activities to offer and beautiful walkways and famous wineries to explore, either at your leisure or with arranged tours.
Surrounded by a large section full of fruit trees and grassy areas with ample off street parking for cars and boats. All within a short walk to the heart of Picton and its shops and cafes.
Ideally located for exploring the world famous Queen Charlotte Track.
With only a 10 minute walk to Picton waterfront, marina, cafes and shops.
Children are welcome by PRIOR arrangement.
16th November 2016: Following the earthquake we are delighted to inform our guests that we suffered no structural damage and the roads and ferries to Picton are open. If you are planning to travel on the State Highway 1 to or from Kaikoura to Picton you will need to plan an alternative route. Please telephone or email Melisa if you require any help.
- Complimentary self-service continental breakfast included
- Free coffee/tea
- 3 large bedrooms with ensuites and queen size beds
- 1 large bedroom in the rear courtyard with ensuite and two king size single beds
- (sleeps 8 adults in total)
- Large open plan living kitchen, dining and lounge area
- A short 10 minute walk to the town centre of Picton with cafes, restaurants, shops, pharmacies, banks and supermarkets
- Free Internet/Wifi
- Large garden with ample off street safe parking for boats, trailers and cars
- Large secure courtyard at the rear of the property with BBQ and outdoor setting for 8
- 5 minute drive to Waikawa marina
Easy 10 minute walk from the Picton Ferry Terminal and Train Station
Picton airport with Sounds Air flights from Wellington 10 minute drive
Blenheim airport 30 minute drive
Licensed Bar and Restaurant only 1 minute walk from your accommodation
Picton is the gateway to the beautiful Marlborough Sounds offering a huge range of recreational opportunities in the abundance of waterways in the region including:
- Mountain Biking tracks
- Walking tracks
- Hiking tracks
- Paddle Boarding
All the famous Marlborough vineyards are within easy driving distance or just relax on the pictorial Picton waterfront and enjoy the cafes and shops or take a stroll on the walkways and beaches.